The present congregation is the result of a voluntary union of the former Craigmillar Park and Mayfield South congregations in 1966.
The church building dates from 1879 and the adjacent hall was added in 1899.
In 2004 we completed internal alterations, providing access for disabled people, new toilets and a new kitchen, and creating a small chapel under the gallery with a new stained glass window designed and crafted by Douglas Hogg. In 2008, as part of a church roof renewal project, we re-instated a celtic cross at the east apex of the church roof.
To the north side of the church we enjoy a small, but beautiful, garden tended by volunteers from the congregation. Within the garden is a memorial to people from the parish who gave their lives in the First World War.